Middle DevOps engineer (e-commerce project)
Genesis is more than 900 people in 9 countries, which create products for 200 million users a month. This is a full-cycle company where there are no customers, we create all our projects from the idea and the first drafts to realization and getting the best positions in the market or in our niche.
We are looking for a Devops Engineer for the biggest e-commerce project in Nigeria. Three years ago we launched the Jiji.ng marketplace which is visited daily by more than five hundred thousand users. We are ranked higher than OLX in terms of both traffic and the number of ads. Nigeria is a country with excellent growth dynamics in GDP and Internet audience with a population of over 200 million.
We have small and strong teams of python developers (2-3 people), marketing and product managers. Minimal bureaucracy, very short development stages and focus on the product, thus, value creation. If you’d like your achievements to be in use by millions of people, we are a great project to work for.
How we work:
- Quick iterations (releases twice a week);
- Code reviews;
- Writing tests is crucial (CI is up and running);
- Using latest open source technologies (Clickhouse, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL).
- Experience in two or more scripting languages (Shell, Python, Perl etc.);
- Experience with Ansible or similar configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, SaltStack);
- Good knowledge of relational DBs (PostgreSQL);
- Web application stack understanding (Nginx, HAProxy, uWSGI or FPM);
- Understanding of Linux and network administration fundamentals;
- Version control system experience (Mercurial, git);
- 2+ years of professional experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Prometheus, IPSEC;
- Operations and deployment automation (Ansible);
- Implementation of in-depth monitoring (Zabbix, Prometheus);
- CI and developer environments maintenance.
What will you get working with us:
- A competitive salary and good compensation package. For experienced candidates with a proven track record, we offer a performance-based bonus/option system. Official employment.
- A strong and enthusiastic team — you will have the opportunity for knowledge sharing, learning and professional self-development.
- Interesting and challenging tasks — experience in the development of cutting-edge large-scale projects, optimization, high load, etc.
- Convenient working conditions — a comfortable office (summer terrace, free lunches, Sony PlayStation 4 and other sorts of goodies) located a 5 minute walk from Taras Shevchenko metro station. Flexible working hours.
- Sports and Healthcare — running, swimming, football, basketball and other sports activities supported by the company. A corporate doctor is always ready to help if you feel sick.
- Exceptional opportunities for professional growth — in-house training sessions and seminars, a corporate library, English lessons, participation in key IT events around the world.
About the company:
Genesis is one of the largest Internet companies in the world operating both in the developed Western markets and fast-growing African and Asian markets:
- 200 million unique users per month on all of its sites and apps;
- the greatest Internet media company in Africa and Kazakhstan;
- more than 900 employees in 9 offices all over the world.
We are waiting for you in our team!