Genesis is more than 900 people in 9 countries, which create products for 200 million users a month. This is a full-cycle company where there are no customers, we create all our projects from the idea and the first drafts to realization and getting the best positions in the market or in our niche.
We are looking for a developer for the biggest e-commerce project in Nigeria. Three years ago we launched Jiji.ng marketplace which is visited daily by more than five hundred thousand users. We are ranked higher than OLX in terms of both traffic and a number of ads. Nigeria is a country with an excellent growth of dynamics in GDP and Internet audience with a population of more than 200 millions of people.
We have small and strong teams of python developers (2−3 people), marketing and product managers. Minimal bureaucracy, very short development stages and focus on the product, thus, value creation. If you’d like your achievements to be in use by millions of people, we are a great project to work for.
How we work:
- Quick iterations (releases twice a week);
- Code reviews;
- Writing tests is crucial (CI is up and running);
- Using latest open source technologies (Clickhouse, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL);
- A/B testing new features.
- Excellent Python skills;
- Good knowledge of relational DBs (PostgreSQL);
- Web application stack understanding (Nginx, HAProxy, uwsgi);
- Version control system experience (Mercurial, git);
- Good english skills;
- 2+ years of professional software development.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Elasticsearch;
- Machine learning algorithms understanding;
- Basic statistics knowledge.
What will you do:
- Developing core backend functionality;
- Communicate with product managers on tasks;
- Writing clean extendable code.
- Good compensation that allows you to focus on the project development and your professional growth. Experienced candidates with references/evidence of their achievements will be offered a bonus system, apart from the basic salary. Official employment.
- Strong and enthusiastic team — you will have the opportunity for knowledge sharing, learning and professional self-development.
- Interesting and challenging tasks in global project.
- Convenient working conditions — a comfortable office (summer terrace, free lunches, Sony PlayStation 4 and other sorts of goodies) located a 5 minute walk from Taras Shevchenko metro station. Flexible working hours.
- Sports and Healthcare — running, swimming, football, basketball and other sports activities supported by the company. A corporate doctor is always ready to help if you feel sick.
- Exceptional opportunities for professional growth — in-house training sessions and seminars, a corporate library, English lessons, participation in key IT events around the world.
About the company:
Genesis is one of the largest Internet companies in the world operating both in the developed Western markets and fast-growing African and Asian markets:
- more than 200 million monthly unique visitors across all platforms;
- largest Internet media company in Africa and Kazakhstan, one of the largest viral content publishers in the world;
- one of the largest e-commerce companies in Nigeria;
- one of the best IT-employers in Ukraine according to DOU rating;
- head office in Kyiv (500 employees).
We are waiting for you in our team!